Reading & Studying
- Safe Black Spaces
- Reform Judaism: Just Congregations
- Join for Justice: Jewish Organizing Institute and Network
- Bend the Arc: A Jewish Partnership for Justice
- Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism
ARticles and Books
- Jacobs, Rabbi Jill. 2011. Where Justice Dwells: A Hands‐On Guide to Doing Social Justice in Your Jewish Community. Woodstock: VT: Jewish Lights Publishing
- Rose, Rabbi Or N., Jo Ellen Green Kaiser, and Margie Klein (editors). 2009. Righteous Indignation: A Jewish Call for Justice. Woodstock: VT: Jewish Lights Publishing
- Alexander, Michelle. 2011. The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in an Age of Colorblindness. New York, NY: The New Press
- Alexander, Michelle. 2010. “The war on drugs and the new Jim Crow”. Race, Poverty, Environment. Spring 2010, Vol. 17, No.1 http://reimaginerpe.org/20years/alexander
- Allen, Joseph L. 1995. Love & Conflict: A Covenantal Model of Christian Ethics. Lanham, MD: University Press of America
- Bonhoeffer, Dietrich. 1955. Ethics. New York, NY: Touchstone
- Bonhoeffer, Dietrich. 1955. Letters and Papers from Prison. New York, NY: Touchstone
- Cone, James H. 2012. Martin and Malcolm and America. Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books
- Cone, James H. 2011. T he Cross and the Lynching Tree. Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books
- De La Torre, Miguel A. 2014. Doing Christian Ethics from the Margins. Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books
- Ellsberg, Robert, ed. 2005. Dorothy Day: Selected Writings. Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books
- Emerson & Smith. 2000. Divided by Faith. New York, NY: Oxford University Press
- Evans, James H. Jr. 2012. We Have Been Believers: An African American Systematic Theology. Minneapolis, MN: Fortress Press
- Feagin, Joe R. 2001. Racist America: Roots, current realities, & future reparations. New York, NY: Routledge
- Fisher, Roger & W. Ury. 1981. Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement without Giving In. New York, NY: Penguin.
- Frank, Marshall. 2015. “Frank: Privatizing Prisons Prioritizes Profit Over Humans”. March 7, 2015. Tallahassee Democrat. http://www.tallahassee.com/story/opinion/2015/03/07/frank‐privatizing‐prisons‐prioritizes‐profits‐human s/24598603/
- Franklin, John Hope. 1993. The color line: Legacy for the twenty‐first century. Columbia, MO: University of Missouri Press
- Gregory, James N. 2009. An African American Urban History: The dynamics of race, class and gender since World War II. “The Second Great Migration: A Historical Overview”. Eds. Joe W. Trotter Jr. and Kenneth L. Kusmer. Chicago IL: University of Chicago Press. http://faculty.washington.edu/gregoryj/second_great_migration.htm
- Herr, Robert & Judy Zimmerman. 1998. Transforming Violence. Herald Press.
- Holland, Joe, and Peter J. Henriot. 1983. Social Analysis: Linking Faith and Justice. Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books
- Hollinger, Dennis P. 2002. Choosing the good: Christian ethics in a complex world. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Academic
- Hunter, James Davison. 2010. To change the world: The irony, tragedy, and possibility of Christianity in the late modern world. New York, NY; Oxford University Press.
- Jensen, Richard J. and John Hammerback. 2002. The Words of Cesar Chavez. Texas A&M University Press.
- Keddy, Jim. 2001. "Human Dignity and Grassroots Leadership Development"
- Keddy, Jim. 2002. "Powerful Thoughts"
- Keddy, Jim. 1997. "The PICO Pattern of Relationship"
- King, Martin Luther Jr. 2010. Strength to Love. Minneapolis, MN: Fortress Press.
- King, Martin Luther Jr. 1991. Where Do We Go From Here: Chaos or Community? Wipf & Stock: Eugene, OR
- King, Martin Luther, Jr. 2003. A Testament of Hope: The Essential Writings of Martin Luther King, Jr. Edited by James M. Washington. San Francisco, CA: HarperOne
- Kivel, Paul. 1996. Uprooting racism: How white people can work for racial justice. Gabriola Island, BC: New Society Publishers
- Lee, Hak Joon. 2011. The Great World House: Martin Luther King, Jr. and Global Ethics. Cleveland, OH: Pilgrim Press
- Lee, Hak Joon. 2006. We Will Get to the Promised Land: Martin Luther King Jr.’s Communal‐Political Spirituality. Cleveland, OH: Pilgrim Press
- Marsh, Charles. 2005. The Beloved Community. New York, NY: Basic Books.
- Myers, Bryant. 2011. Walking with the Poor. Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books
- Park, Andrew Sung. 1996. Racial Conflict and Healing: An Asian‐American Theological Perspective. Maryknoll, NY: Orbis Books
- Panell, William. 1993. The Coming Race Wars? A Cry for Reconciliation. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan
- Patchen, Martin. 1999. Diversity and unity: Relations between racial and ethnic groups. Chicago, IL: Nelson‐Hall Publishers
- Robinson, Jo Ann Gibson. 1987. The Montgomery Bus Boycott and the Women Who Started It. Edited by David Garrow. University of Tennessee Press.
- Salvatierra, Alexia & Peter Heltzel. 2014. Faith‐Rooted Organizing: Mobilizing the Church in the Service to the World. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press
- Stassen, Glen. 2008 Just Peacemaking: The new paradigm for the ethics of peace and war. Louisville, KY; John Knox Press.
- Stassen, Glen H. 2012. A Thicker Jesus: Incarnational discipleship in a secular age. Louisville, KY: Westminster John Knox Press
- Stassen, Glen H. and Gushee, David. 2003. Kingdom Ethics: Following Jesus in Contemporary Context. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press
- Smedes, Lewis B. 1983. Mere Morality: What God Expects from Ordinary People. Grand Rapids, MI: W.B. Eerdmans Pub. Co
- Thurman, Howard. 1996. Jesus and the Disinherited. Boston, MA: Beacon Press
- Volf, Miroslav. 1996. Exclusion and Embrace: A Theological Exploration of Identity, Otherness, and Reconciliation. Nashville, TN: Abingdon Press.
- Wallis, Jim. 2013. “Racism: America's Original Sin,” Sojourners, July 21, 2013,
- West, Traci. 2006. Disruptive Christian Ethics: When Racism and Women's Lives Matter. Westminster John Knox Press.
- Wenger, et al. 2002. Cultivating Communities of Practice . New York, NY; Cambridge University Press.
- West, Cornell. 2001. Race Matters. New York, NY: Vintage Books
- Williams, Reggie L. 2014. Bonhoeffer’s Black Jesus: Harlem Renaissance Theology and an Ethic of Resistance. Baylor University Press: Waco, TX
- Wink, Walter. 2003. Jesus and Non‐violence; A third way . Minneapolis, MN; Fortress Press.
- Wink, Walter. 1992. Engaging the Powers . Minneapolis, MN; Fortress Press
- Wright, Christopher J.H. 2006. The Mission of God . Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press
- Yoder, John H. 1985. The Priestly Kingdom: Social ethics as gospel. Notre Dame, IN: Notre Dame University Press.
- Yoder, John H. 2010. Nonviolence: A Brief History . Waco, TX: Baylor University Press.
*Sacramento ACT does not administer these service
*Sacramento ACT no administra estos servicios.
Due to the volume of information we receive, we are unable to post all submissions.